Not so long ago, in-fact just a few short weeks ago, you were energetic and determined to maintain your healthy lifestyle. Then Christmas happened!
You had intended to enjoy the holiday, Christmas after all is a time to eat, drink and be merry with family and friends.
So you ate an extra piece of Christmas cake, had some chocolate from the kids selection boxes at breakfast and rekindled your love of Bailey’s coffee.
Every time you ate or drank something you knew it was a choice you were making, but its Christmas……. Why not indulge a little.
But soon you find that each small mouthful is taking you further and further away from the path of your healthy lifestyle.
Realising you had “blown” your diet, you ate another mince pie and another and couldn’t get it together the next day either.
Of course in the run up to the big day itself, you have been so busy that you missed one workout, and that turned into a whole week away from the gym.
Now it feels as through your momentum to start over again is gone.
In your head you tell yourself tomorrow ill try…
Every time you misstep on your healthy journey, you have two choices:
To keep walking backwards, ignoring how bad you feel, beating yourself up because you have in some way failed a test (who made that rule anyway???) every day takes you even further away from your goals.
You can choose to accept your lack of perfection as normal and forgivable, so ditch any guilt you may have been feeling about your Christmas treats, now is the time for positive thoughts not negative ones and so now you can choose to take not one, but two positive steps down the path that brings your closer to the body and fitness that you want and deserve.
So now, instead of waiting for the next day, week, month or even year to overhaul your habits, start TODAY, right now!!.
Start small. You can’t go from the sofa to running for an hour or from cake to carrot sticks in a day. But you can do one, two or even a handful of small things that will help you regain your momentum for healthy living.
Below are The Body Retreats 10 ways to helps get you back on track right now!!
1. A short HIIT workout. Even five minutes is better than nothing. For ideas browse our back catalogue of workouts on the website.
2. Create a new recipe. Cooking healthy foods can be fun and it never has to be bland. Be creative with those turkey leftovers.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right!
4. Drink your water. Aim for 8 glasses each day and you’ll soon feel the difference!
5. Get outside for at least 20 mins. Walk around the block, take your bike out. exercising outside will give you an boost as well as helping you to get that all important Vit D top up.
6. Write down what you eat and drink across the day. No matter how it adds up, you’ll learn from it and it will help you to make a new choice tomorrow.
7. Share your goal to get back on track, why not post us on our FB page, let us know what is working for you.
8. Cut the carbs at night. Plan your evening meal at night to be refined carb free and give your digestive system a rest in the evening.
9. Mix your drinks… and by that we mean for every alcoholic drink you have, have a glass of water or soda to help keep hydration levels up.
10. If you feel like you are way off track and need further help and support then book yourself onto our next Weight Loss Retreat where we guarantee you will drop those unwelcome festive pounds you have gained.