- Put the oven on at 180 degrees. Place the cubed squash in a roasting tray, drizzle with a little oil and then bake in a hot oven for about 15 – 20 minutes. You want it to just start to brown at the very edges. Take out from the oven and leave on the side to cool.
- Place the pear cubes with the walnuts and the honey in a small pan on the stove and gently warm. This depend on the ripeness of your pears but will take about 10 mins, you want the pear to be soft to the bite but not mushy.
- Remove the pear and walnuts from the honey syrup and add the mustard and mixed spice to the honey and allow to cook out for a couple of minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, you simply pile your leaves in the centre of your plate, scatter on the squash, pear and walnuts. Pop your goats cheese under a hot grill for a couple of minutes until it just starts to bubble. Place the cheese on top of the leaves and drizzle with the sticky spicy honey sauce.
- Enjoy your Baked Goats Cheese salad while its still warm ask the combination of soft salty cheese oozing over the sweet squash and pear is delicious.
One of the things I love about this goats cheese salad is that you can prepare all the component parts in advance and then it takes just a few minutes to assemble. Its a great lunch dish or you could serve it as a starter for a dinner party.
We practice Conscious Eating at The Body Retreat where we are mindful about the food that we are eating, this means concentrating on the food that is in our mouth, not watching the TV or answering our emails for example. To help us be more mindful we create dishes that make you think about the taste, texture, sound and smell of the mix of ingredients. This goats cheese salad is a great example of a mindful plate. It contains crunchy walnuts, soft gooey cheese, chewy squash and soft salad leaves. This means that every mouthful is a sensory as well as taste delight.Baked Goats Cheese Salad with Roast Squash, Pear & Walnut
- 100gms Goats Cheese
- 40gms Squash, cubed
- 1/2 Large Pear, peeled & cubed
- 20gms Walnut halves
- 1Tbps Honey
- 1/2 tsp Wholegrain Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Mixed Spice
- 60gms Salad Leaves, works really well with Baby Kale