On retreat we make a variety of different soups and everyone has their own preference. If you like a completely smooth soup don’t remove the sweetcorn before blitzing. For a textured soup with a bit more of a bite leave out the blending altogether.
Method for Sunshine soup:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove the core and the seeds from the peppers and cut into strips. Place onto a tray with the garlic and drizzle with oil. Roast them for 20 minutes, you want the peppers soft but not brown.
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to boil, add the lentils cook for 15 minutes.
- Add celery and sweetcorn to the lentils stock mixture cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remover about a cup of sweetcorn and set to one side.
- Mix the remaining corn and stock with the roast peppers and garlic, squeezing the roasted garlic clove from its skin. Blitz in a food processor until as smooth as you prefer.
- Add the whole sweetcorn back to the soup and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve top each bowl with a dollop of creme fraiche, a drizzle of rapeseed oil and a sprinkling of toasted buckwheat groats.
On retreat we serve our sunshine soup with two Sourdough rye crisp breads.
Leave out the creme fraiche for a vegan version or use a dairy free alternative.