Serve with ( per person )
Steamed vegetables , 60g baby corn, 60g bok choi 20g edamame beans
To make the Chilli Dipping Sauce:
Chilli Dipping Sauce: 3 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tsp honey, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1/2 small red chilli, seeded and very finely chopped, ½ tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves, juice of ½ lime
- To make the dipping sauce: heat the vinegar and honey in a saucepan until dissolved and mixture is syrupy. Stir in the soy sauce and leave until cool. Add the chilli, coriander leaves and lime leaves.
To make the Thai Fish Cakes
- Place the fish, coriander and ginger in a food processor and whiz until the mixture is a rough paste and add curry paste, egg white and tbsp of the quinoa flakes or oats then whiz again. Remove from processor and work in the spring onions, lime zest and the remaining quinoa flakes or oats.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and cook small amount to check the seasoning, add more curry paste if necessary, Shape the mixture into 4 cakes. At this point, you can leave the fishcakes covered in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
- Fry for about 1 minute each side ( you can now allow to cool and then freeze your fishcake at this point)
- Place the fishcakes on a baking tray and cook in the oven for a further 8 minutes, until cooked thoroughly.
- Meanwhile steam the vegetables and serve with the Thai fishcakes at once with the dipping sauce and a lime wedge.