These Kombucha blueberry mocktails, are a great addition to any summer gathering! When the sun is shining and maybe you are looking for an alcohol-free alternative, these are great.
Using kombucha, which ideally would be homemade, but if you are not ready to start making your own, a shop brought flavour free kombucha is ok. Kombucha adds a nice fizz to the mocktail, and all that fermented goodness is great for your gut!
Although I have used blueberries in this recipe, you could use different fruits, such as blackberries or raspberries or even mango as an alternative.
When enjoying a mocktail I would suggest that you have it with maybe a handful of nuts, this adds in some protein, so you don’t get a sharp spike in blood sugar.
Mocktails taste great – a good way to keep hydrated in the summer and provide a delicious alcohol-free alternative without feeling you are missing out! If you make these Kombucha blueberry mocktails do let me know!
Makes 2 Mocktails
1 cup of blueberries
2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
Kombucha – flavour free or homemade
Method for Kombucha Blueberry Mocktail:
- To a pan on a medium heat add blueberries and water and let it come to the boil
- Once boiling add in the maple syrup
- Lower the heat, mash the blueberries using the back of a spatula then simmer for another 10-15 minutes
- For the flavours to mix in, I recommend allowing the syrup to cool at room temperature for 2-3 hours
- Then strain the mixture into a clear bowl, cover and keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Not to waste the leftover Blueberry mix, it goes great with some yogurt as a sweet snack.
- To serve fill two glasses with the blueberry syrup, add ice cubes
- Then add in an unflavoured kombucha or your own homemade version, stir to combine well
- Garnish with mint leaves