With summer in mind, you may be thinking about BBQs and eating outside, this recipe is very simple vegetable kebabs, that can be cooked under a grill or on a BBQ, these are meant to be an accompaniment to a picnic or summer meal, such as with burgers, or fish or steak, but can also be eaten on their own.
The marinade sauce adds just the right amount of sweetness and flavour to the char grilled vegetables, I place some of the sauce on the vegetables before cooking and then add some afterwards.
I hope you enjoy trying this and it is great way to get more vegetables into your meals!
Ingredients – serves 2
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red onion
- 3 peppers
Ingredients for the marinade sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Method for making vegetable kebabs
1. Slice and chop the vegetables
2. place the sliced vegetables on skewers
3. mix the marinade sauce together and drizzle over vegetables
4. Grill the vegetable kebabs until slightly browned
4. Serve and enjoy!