Method for Baba ghanoush:
- Heat the oven to 220C.
- Turn on the gas hob and take it in turns to burn the outside of the aubergine. Use tongs to avoid burning your hands! It should take a couple minutes per aubergine, you want the skins to be dark.
- Once the skins have been burnt pop all the aubergines in the oven for 15-25 mins. This will continue to cook any of the inside of the aubergine. The aubergines are done when they are soft to the touch and deflate slightly. Leave to cool.
- Juice 1/2 the lemon and mince the garlic.
- Once cool peel of the aubergine skin, saving as much of the flesh as you can and put in a bowl.
- Using a fork mash the aubergine flesh, add the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Try the baba ghanoush for smokiness then add the smoked paprika to your taste.
- Adjust the lemon juice, garlic and salt pepper according to your taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with dukkah.
Alternatively you can blitz all the ingredients in a mixer for a smoother baba ghanoush.