Hot salmon and dill mousse is a favourite on our retreat in France. We use lots of fresh salmon which makes a protein packed dinner lightened by the creme fraiche and eggs.
Method for hot salmon and dill mousse:
- Heat the oven to 180C and grease 4 cocotte/ramekin dishes with butter.
- Cut the salmon into smaller pieces and place in bowl of food processor. Give a quick few blitz to begin to break down the salmon.
- Add the egg and creme fraiche and process for a couple of minutes util the mixture is smooth but there’s still visible flecks of salmon.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix in the fresh dill.
- Cook the mouse in a ban marie in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the mixture is set.
- To serve, gently tip the mouse onto a plate and release from cocotte dish. Add a sauce of your choice and freshly chopped dill.
We like to serve the salmon and dill mousse with seasonal greens.