Now we are all starting to get back to work and back into daily routines you may be looking for lunch time inspiration and for lunches on-the-go. Many of us turn to shop brought wraps as a lunchtime option so I wanted to share this recipe and show you how simple a classic Chicken Caesar wrap is to make and how much healthier it is compared to the shop brought versions.
What really makes the wrap tasty is the Caesar dressing which is so quick and easy to make, and you can keep it in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to 10 days – meaning that you can prepare wraps in advance for lunch – and you can also use as a classic salad dressing. If you don’t feel you would use 10 servings within 10 days – you can of course halve the amounts of the ingredients.
With wraps you can also get creative, add in different salad options to your taste. I love this Chicken Caesar wrap as it is a take on a classic BLT, I use smaller gluten-free wraps but you can use wheat flour ones. The chicken provides lean protein, the bacon adds extra flavour and I like to include sliced avocado for texture and taste and add in tomatoes and lettuce. Wraps are versatile and easy to make and quick and simple to prepare, so do give them a go – you don’t always need to reach for shop prepared version!
Ingredients for the Caesar dressing – makes enough for 10 servings (keep in an airtight jar for up to 10 days in the fridge) – can halve to make 5 servings
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Whisk together garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, mustard.
2. Add the mayonnaise, Parmigiano Reggiano, salt and pepper to taste
To make the Chicken Caesar Wrap
Ingredients – serves 2
- One chicken breast
- Two pieces of streaky bacon
- Little gem lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato – sliced or 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- Half an avocado sliced
- Grill the chicken breast
- Grill the bacon
- Place the little gem lettuce leaves, tomato and avocado on the wraps
- Cut up the chicken and bacon and place on salad
- Drizzle with Caesar salad dressing
- Roll the wrap and enjoy!