Method for Greek Bean Stew:
- Slice the onion and fry in a heavy bottomed pan with the oil on a medium low heat (about 5 minutes).
- Add the diced celery and cook for another few minutes. Once the onions and celery are cooked add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan along with tomato puree and 500ml water. Stir in the bay leaves, paprika, black pepper, parsley and half of the dill. Bring to a gentle simmer and partly cover the pan. ave for 20 mins until the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Add the beans and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat down low add the feta and stir through. You want the feta to be warmed through but still in chunks. This can also be done by turning off the heat and storing the feta through.
- To serve surround the plate with rocket, place the stew in the middle of the plate, top with remaining dill, a sprinkling of feta and toasted sunflower seeds.
Make this meal vegan by swapping the feta for a vegan alternative. Instead of adding the vegan cheese to the stew just crumble on top, it doesn’t mix in quite as well.