Beetroot and Radish Soup is packed full of nutrition and both are good sources of antioxidants. Beetroot contains betalains, an antioxidant that reduces inflammation and gives beetroot its purple colour. Radish contains good amount of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant to protect your cells from damage.
I’ve added beans as a source of protein and give the soup a thick rich texture to make it sumptuous and satisfying.
Please make sure you use cooked fresh beetroot, not the pickled ones! I used a mixture of my tiny home-grown ones plus some pre-steamed bought ones.
Ingredients – yield 1.5Li Serves 4
- 330g Cooked Beetroot chopped
- 300g Potato peeled & chopped
- 1tbsp vegetable bouillon
- 8 x Radish (approx 100g) halved
- 3 Onions diced
- 400g white beans eg cannellini
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 1/2 cup Natural Yoghurt
- Black pepper
1 tbsp natural yoghurt
Method for making the soup
- Boil the potatoes in 1 Li water and the vegetable stock for 15 minutes.
- Add the radishes and onions to the pot and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Add the beetroot and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the yoghurt and season with pepper.
- Blend to your chosen texture- chunky or smooth. Pour into the blender and add the natural yoghurt.
Serve with a spoonful of natural yoghurt on top and sprinkle with dill.