Spring Clean Yourself and Boost Your Immune System
The world is griped right now by the fear of the global pandemic of Coronavirus.
While there is currently no cure for coronavirus, there are some steps you can take to help boost your immune system and support your natural defences against viruses, colds and flu.
The body’s immune system is what helps to fight off the pathogens which cause illness.
As the seasons begin to change it’s a great time to give your body a bit of spring clean. So right now seems a great time to make some positive changes to Spring Clean Yourself and Boost Your Immune System.
Top Tips For A Spring Clean Detox to Boost Your Immune System
- It will come as no surprise that increasing your water intake is No1 on the list. Aim to drink at least 1.5 litres per day
- Start your day with the juice of half a lemon with hot water to give your liver a boost.
- Cut out or cut down on Alcohol, Caffeine, Dairy, Meat, Processed Foods from your diet. Your meal plans should be 80% veggie based, go organic and local where possible.
- Eat your Plant Proteins. Beans and pulses, nuts and seeds, tofu, tempeh. Start to experiment…but steer clear from very processed Plant Based Foods, like burgers, bangers and the like.
- Go Green… green veggies are packed with chlorophyll helps flush out environmental toxins.
- But also Orange. Vegetables such as sweet potatoes, butternut squash and beetroot are rich in beta-carotene which our bodies convert to vitamin A. Other foods to include are orange and red fruits such as oranges, mango, apricots and melon.
- Garlic in almost everything, it activates liver enzymes that help filter out wastes. Counteract the garlic breath issue by eating lots of fresh parsley, which also happens to be a great detoxifier 😉
- Keep the good fats in, Avocado, rapeseed oil, seeds and nuts all in small quantities
- Get into the fresh air for at least 15 mins every day and breath fully and deeply. When you breath in inhale through the nose long and slow, really let your belly inflate.
- Spend at least 5 mins every day in quite contemplation or practice mindfulness
- Don’t forget to move. Your lymphatic system has no pulse so it relies on your cardiovascular system to help to pump those toxin to your lymph no0des to be excreted. Even better combine your movement with being outdoors.
- Get into the habit of dry skin brushing daily, it will take a bit of time to begin with but you will soon find a rhythm and you will be amazed at the difference in your skin tone as well as support that lymphatic drainage.
- Get your hands on The Detox Plan by Jane Alexander, this great book will take you through a weekend or month long safe detox programme
Of course this advice is to boost your immune system and your general health and wellbeing, you should of course follow guidelines on protecting yourself from Coronavirus at this time