5 Steps to Quit Your Fizzy Drink Habit
5 Steps to Quit Fizzy Drinks.
If there is one thing that you should ditch from your regular diet today, this is it.
It’s time to quit fizzy drinks.
When you drink fizzy drinks, you’re ingesting a slurry of controversial chemicals that are messing with your weight, your health, your energy levels, your mood and your life.
If you read my last blog post on 5 Reasons to Quit Fizzy Drinks you’ll know the impact of fizzy drinks.
It is possible to quit fizzy drinks with a minimum of fuss or withdrawal symptoms with this simple plan.
Aim to put this plan into action over a two week period.
The Body Retreats’s 5 Steps to Quit Fizzy Drinks Habits.
- WHY? Start by thinking about why you want to quit fizzy drinks. This probably sounds like a no brainer, but it is an important step. Depending on how long you have been drinking fizzy drinks, how many you drink a day or week will dictate what your withdrawal will be like and how long it will last…because this is not going to be easy…but it will be so worth it. Those first few days will be hard and so it will really be helpful for you to keep in mind why you want to quit.
- WATER. Next is to up your H20. Remaining hydrated is really important. You are probably using fizzy drinks as a way to hydrate and to bolster flagging energy. So really make a concerted effort to up your daily water intake. Aim for at least 2 litres of water.
- PHASING. Depending on your fizzy drink habit it might be a good idea for you to begin to phase out your drinks. Starting by reducing your intake by 50% in the first week and then in the second week reducing by 50% again. Slow and steady is the way to ensure long term success.
- REPLACEMENT. Have a replacement drink to fill the gaps. The water you are drinking is to keep you hydrated and giving you energy…but there are going to be times when you will want a long cool refreshing drink. This is when you will be vulnerable to fall back into your old fizzy drink habit. Why not try our Citrus Green Tea Cooler as a great replacement.
- SLEEP. Last but not least, for these two weeks make sleep your priority. The fizzy drinks have perhaps been propping up your energy levels and when you take them out there is going to be a short period when you are feeling a bit pants. Sleep is going to help you feel a whole lot better.
If you have any experiences, questions or suggestions, feel free to add a comment below. Also please share this replacement plan with your friends and family. Making this change is one of the most important things a fizzy drinks drinker could do for their health.